Ito na ang mapa ng aming pag-ikot sa Diliman. Please click the small menu button on the upper left corner of the map for details. Orange pins - places kung saan kami lumafang. Blue pins - walking tour lang ng very light.
Dessert: Pi Breakfast & Pies
• Smack Pie, Php155/slice - the menu said it's their version of Momofuku's Milk Bar pie (I don't even know what that is!). Pero according to my taste buds - lasang bukayo! Too sweet even for me who has a sweet tooth.
• Key Lime Pie, Php135/slice - Lime + meringue + graham crust. I didn't know what came over me when I ordered this. I originally wanted to order their Smores Pie (Php130) but thought that it might be too safe a choice. I didn't really like the key lime pie, mej na-overwhelm ang aking senses sa asim. Pwede nang pang-sinigang. Char. Sometimes safe is better talaga.
• Next time - we'll visit again when it isn't too crowded and we'll order their breakfast platter!
Ganap sa Shopping Center (SC)
• Sweet Corn with Cheese Powder, Php20 for medium cup - as if we weren't bloated enough, we bought this as soon as we spotted it in front of UP SC. Ka-level nito ang pansit canton and monay with peanut butter na mga pampatawid gutom during hikahos college days.
• Rodic's Diner - Nag-expand na silaaaa! They now have two stalls in SC, across each other pa. Taray!
• Sari-saring street food - fishball, kikiam, kwek kwek, ice cream, fruit shake, etc.
• Miscellaneous - Kahit bulok bulok na ang SC, it has everything you need - ATM, food stalls, bookstore, photocopiers, computer shop, apparel stores, and parlor/barber shops. Winnur!
Lutong Bahay + UP Track Oval
• Lutong Bahay Fruit Shake, Php45 - Noong kapanahunan ko, super sikat na nito. As in it-will-blow-your-mind levels ang sarap. But 5 years after graduation and hundreds of different fruit shakes consumed, I think wala na siya sa top 10 list ko. But keribooms na rin na pampatawid uhaw.
• Karinderia, Shawarma, Burgers, and Coffe Shops - nalurks ako ng bahagya sa coffee shop with FREE Wi-fi. As in pleasantly lurks. I am loving the developments. Lels.
• UP Track Oval - I have an embarrassing confession to make - I didn't know that we have this oval until two years ago when Toto and I went for an afternoon jog. Mas sikat kasi ang Acad Oval. But this is a nice spot if you want to sit quietly lang and sip your fruit shake from Lutong Bahay while you watch some [hot] football players having a friendly match.
Famous UP Diliman Landmarks
• Bahay ng Alumni - There are also some restaurants here, Chocolate Kiss being the most popular one. Perfect place din ito if you need a bathroom break, mas tolerable ang CR nila kesa sa SC ;)
• UP Carillon - Perfect spot for your turista shots, promise! Tapos there's an interesting story about its bells so make sure you read the inscription.
• UP Acad Oval - The university closes the oval to all types of automotive every Sunday para makapag-jog ng matiwasay ang sangkatauhan. Buuuuut... pets are not allowed anymore :(
• Oble - Ito ang ultimate photo to prove to everyone that you indeed visited UPD (aside from the isaw pic, of course). Warning: if you are an undergraduate student, 'WAG NA 'WAG magpapa-picture kasama si Oble. Hindi ka raw ga-graduate on time.
In search of Da Best Siomai
• Siomai ni Ate Vicki - as previously said, nasa vicinity ito ng Arki. Unfortunately, sarado ang stall niya when we visited two Sundays ago. May araw ka rin sa 'kin, ate Vicki! Magkikita rin tayo ;)
• UP Police Headquarters - GRABE! Sobrang na-shock ako sa bagong HQ ng kapulisan ng campus. Ang ganda! Ang modern nang tignan! Very far from the little shanty it used to be during our college days!
• UP Veterinary Clinic - Open from 8am-11:30am; 1:30pm-3:30pm every day for your pets' needs. Nag-side trip na rin kami rito to ask how much they charge for neutering/spaying services. Aaaaand naka-sight kami ng TUPA!
• Siomai sa Fine Arts - isa rin sa mga sikat na siomai stalls sa UP ang nasa Fine Arts. Ilang beses na rin akong nakatikim ng siomai nila. Masarap din naman, not sure if dahil kasi ang cool ng mga taga-CFA kaya ang saya-sayang kumain ng siomai sa building nila.
Last Stop: Isawan sa College of Law
• Mang Larry's Isawan - Okay, mas sikat si Mang Larry (dating nasa tapat ng Kalay dorm) at hindi ko alam kung bakit, to be honest. Siguro dahil meron siyang blinking neon sign ng "Mang Larry's Isawan." Kelangan niya nga siguro 'yun to distinguish himself from the competition bilang mej makunat ang isaw niya (in my honest opinion!)
• The Other Isawan - Mas trip ko 'to (dating nasa tapat ng Ilang-ilang dorm). Mas gusto ko kasi 'yung kumukulay sa ngipin ko 'yung food color na nilalagay nila sa isaw nila. Mas tender rin ang mga tinda nila at feel ko mas malinis. Mas bet ko rin ang suka nila! Price - Php3 ang isaw manok at Php6 ang isaw baboy.
• Other Street Food - Ice cream, fish balls, kikiam and more recently, DYNAMITE.
Total cost for 2 pax: Around Php1,500